Thursday, June 19, 2014

I do not support gay marriage. I believe in gender differences. I have affiliated, with many and am a lover of all, but these are my beliefs:) enjoy.

I have felt very strongly lately that I need to post about my beliefs, not to be confrontational, but I truly believe that if it is acceptable for others to post about their beliefs regarding issues, then I too should be allowed to voice my beliefs freely and openly.
This is not a post of hate or discrimination. I believe in love. I have lived around the country and have associated with people of all ages, walks of life, lifestyles, backgrounds, etc. and I have met amazing, wonderful, kind people who lead VERY different lives than I do, and that's okay...but I will ALWAYS stick to and defend what I know to be true.  I truly believe it is possible to do this while still being kind and respectful of all people.
I am planning to write a series of blog posts regarding various issues, so stay tuned. 
I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. My belief stems from my belief in a loving God, a Heavenly Father. My beliefs align with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that it's God's true church, and because I know this,  my beliefs are influenced and often align with the teachings of a modern, living prophet of God who leads His church. I know many today say that faith is outdated or silly, but until you have experienced it and experienced what it feels like to feel close to God, you really won't understand. I promise that if you desire that, you can have it too, we all can! If you do desire to understand more how you can know for yourself that you have a loving Heavenly Father please just facebook me:) Now, on to what I believe. We existed before we came to this earth as spirits, and we will exist after we leave. God created us with GENDER, because gender matters, and that gender existed before this life. We have distinct differences that were created to compliment and enhance each other, and the world. Now you may wonder how this fits in with homosexuality. I am not claiming, that there are not people born with the physical ailment of being attracted to those of the same sex. I don't know all of God's ways or plans, but I do know that there are physical, mortal struggles that every human being will go through, that's just part of life! There are people born with severe disabilities that will prohibit them from marriage all together, or possibly sexual relations within marriage. There are men and women who for whatever reason may not ever find someone to marry in this life, and will need to live chaste, moral lives because that is what God has commanded. Similar to these struggles, there are people born with same gender attraction who will have to live in accordance with God's laws as well. I don't know why some people are given the struggles they are given, but I do know that we are ALL children of God, and ultimately He wants us to return to live with him. Any struggle we face in this life, no matter how unfair it may seem, will help us to grow and understand and become more like Him through the qualities we will obtain during that struggle. For those who claim that this is unkind, hateful, or discriminatory, I would ask that you recognize that I love everyone, so does our Heavenly Father, HE loves everyone as well regardless of the decisions they make, or the struggles they have. However, that doesn't mean that there are not right and wrong decisions. GOD HAS LAWS, and I love Him enough to want to uphold those laws. You may wonder why God would allow someone to go through something like this, but it is my honest knowledge (through experience in other struggles) that God gives us struggles and trials to turn us TO HIM. He knows that there are hard and bad things in life, but He always wants to help us through these struggles and HE WILL I know that. He will help someone with homosexual/transgender struggles to understand their true identity and to find purpose and fulfillment in life through HIM, as with all His children regardless of their struggles.

I believe that marriage is for the creation of families, that children thrive with a father and a mother. I know there are imperfect family situations, there always will be, but that does not mean we discount the numerous good families that exist and the reason they are good is because there are two parents with roles and duties that add to the growth and development of happy children.
I would hope that those who struggle with homosexual tendencies know that they are not defined by a orientation, and that they deserve love and respect and kindness, but marriage is reserved for men and women together.

I hope that this gives all who read it a deeper understanding of where I stand and what I will defend as righteous and true principles:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment