Monday, April 14, 2014

a change of season.



Oh hey:)
Can I just say I'm glad that winter is dead and gone? Sometimes I parallel my life to seasons. The start of a new season in the world equates to the start of a new season in life. Maybe that's just another crazy way my brain can organize things :) Fresh starts are good though. I've needed one, and when I look back on what I've learned from the trials I've faced these past few months, I'm glad that I've come out stronger and better and happier than ever! Sometimes when we lose someone close to us, someone who has shaped us and influenced us, it feels like we lose a piece of ourselves, and for a while I felt that...but when I look back on the experience I've had these past few months I see so much growth! Growth that I didn't know was happening! One of my favorite quotes of all time is from the book Into the Wild
"you are wrong if you think that the joy of life comes principally from the joy of human relationships. God's place is all around us, it is in everything and in anything we can experience. People just need to change the way they look at things."
Our relationships are important, the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us that they are the most important things we have in this life, but they aren't and can't be everything and they definitely don't define us. I'm grateful for the experiences and the influence of people that have helped me become who I am- It's the way we take an experience, a person, an instance and how we treat it, how we love it, how we serve it, how we enjoy it, that defines who we are, and those are the things that will never leave us regardless of the people that do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment