Thursday, February 27, 2014

Yeah That's The Good Stuff

  
Some days I just have to look for the good in each little moment:) Today was one of those days, and I found it! Little gains tend to make me happier than big ones.....it's in the small mediocre grind of life that I find joy, so hopefully you can too!
1. I got to wear my cute ankle booties to class....this is a big deal because a) the snow has officially all melted and it's warm enough to wear ankle booties and b) I didn't have aerobics so i could wear jeans and cute shoes! 
2. I squinted on my walk home. That's right the whole entire way...I love when I have to squint because it means it's sunny, and then I get to put on sunglasses...double score!
3. I just was walking down this hill...the same hill I've walked down for years, and despite the fact that I can hardly bear being in Rexburg for another 41/2 months i have had a lot of good times here so for that I'm grateful.
4. I had  pj/study/spotify party. Yep me, myself and Tswift enjoyed learning the safety precautions of aerobic fitness:)
5. I had a KICK BUTT WORK OUT! I donno if there was something in the pizza I had for lunch but I ran my fastest 5K in a long time...23 minutes...I mean not bad considering I haven't timed a run since before my mish. I also did a kickboxing routine and some abs....just call me jillian why dontcha?
6. ya.ya.ya...then I ate brownies and ice cream haha, But in all reality isn't that why we work so hard..I know it's why i do...I love little indulgences :)

So that's my day in a nutshell..it's not perfect or glamorous all the time...(sorry if anyone believed otherwise) ...but I can find joy in the journey and make the best out of what God's given me, and he's given me a lot, so here's to you February 27th...I win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment